Monday, June 2, 2008

Just Listening

The other day I overheard Josiah teaching Micah about compound words and the 3 parts to an ant (they are the head, thorax, and abdomen in case you didn't know). Josiah is convinced that he will be an astronaunt when he grows up, but he's definitely got the desire to teach his brother everything he knows. I just love to listen to that interaction.

I also love to hear Micah's reaction when Jacob goes to the bathroom. He, so sincerely, yells out, "YEAH! Jacob pee pee on potty. Good job, Bub!" Its so sweet!

And on that note, one other sound that I love to hear is the toilet flushing...meaning that Jacob is independently, on a REGULAR BASIS, going to the bathroom (#1) on his own. There have been times that I thought this would never happen and he proved me wrong.

And one of the greatest sounds of all is the laughter of my three children when they are chasing one another, wrestling with each other, and just enjoying one other.

Sometimes its so refreshing to just sit back and listen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh. I know what you mean. I love listening to my two playing together. Abby has this wonderful, deep belly laugh that she seems to save only for Jonah!

:-)

Anonymous said...

I wish I could sit back and listen with you. I'm sooo excited about Jacob. Praise God!!!!
Love you Jenn.
Ellyn