Thursday, June 26, 2008

What Would You Do?

On Tuesday morning, while my mom and dad were at work, their home was broken into. After completely ransacking the computer room and my mom and dad's bedroom, the theives took off with the computer, digital camera (a week before my parents are coming here to visit and will most definitely want to take about 100 pictures), and most of my mom's jewelry. My mom may have actually interrupted their quest because the stereo was lying on the floor in the living room...who knows. The police came out and got some really great fingerprints and a perfect palm print from the window they broke to enter the house. I sure hope they find who did this!!!!

As my mom entered the house, she didn't initially notice anything....that is until she went to turn on the tv (to fox news, her favorite channel :)), and it wouldn't turn on. Thats when she looked closer and notice the stereo. Thinking it was a little strange, she began to search the rest of the house. She entered the first bedroom, my brother's old room, and thats when she knew something was wrong. The comforter on the bed was lifted up, drawers were open, and I believe that was the room with the broken window. She continued through the house until she got to the two rooms that were an awful mess. Now, let me pose this question to you. Would you, like my crazy but very strong and brave mother, begin searching the house, or would you do like I would do and get the friggin heck out of there immediately upon the observation that something was not right. My husband and my sister would wimp out like me. What would you do?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Sorry to hear that, but kudos to your mom. I would definitely wimp out and get the heck out of there!

Anonymous said...

That is so sad and scarey!! As far as I go I am a huge phone person, I think I would stay and call 911 right away and tell them everything and keep them on the phone while I looked. Of course, then again it has not happened to me and all planning would probably be left in the dust and I probably would get out of dodge also! ;-)

AliciaG said...

Oh my gosh, Jennifer! That is terrible. I am so sorry to hear about the break-in, but I am also very grateful that your mom was not hurt. I agree with the consensus so far...I would be heading out of there as fast as I could and calling from a safe place. The thieves could have still been in the house and ready to do bodily harm to her. God's angels were protecting your mom, that is for sure.