Monday, June 9, 2008

Plans, Anyone?

With gas prices now at a record high $4.00/gallon, anyone have any fun special trips planned for the summer? (too bad ya'll can't hear the sarcastic tone in my voice) The horribly sticky hot weather over the last couple of days reminds me of summers in Arkansas, which reminds me of the lake, which reminds me of camping, which reminds me of family, which reminds me of fun times, which reminds me that fun times cost money, which reminds me that all of mine is going into my gas tank. Good thing my parents are coming here in a couple of weeks, cause I don't think we will be going anywhere this summer thats not necessary. (do you sense the pitty party? :)) Hope it cools off some though. My mom and dad are not used to the New England "no central air" way of life. We're gonna have so much fun, though, no matter how hot it is, and no matter how much we'll be paying for gas by then. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sensed and sympathized with the sarcasm. ;-) We are still planning a camping trip or two this summer just because we need the family time away from our normal routine, but we're definitely dreading the extra cost!

Anonymous said...

HEY! Enjoy the heat, we are only supposed to be in the low 50's tomorrow, YUCK! Can't even mow our grass because it won't stop raining. But life is still good. We had plans of going to NJ over the 4th of July to see Tom's family and our friends but not now. Those stinking gas prices, messes everything up! Oh yeah, and I completely understand the whole child thing reminding us to recycle. Our son, Dylan, reminds us everyday that we are wasting water when we leave it on for a few seconds longer than he thinks is neccesary! We are definately becoming a more earth friendly family!