Saturday, June 21, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

Yesterday, Friday June 20, was a very eventful day for the Aaron clan. It was Josiah's last day of kindergarten and his school had planned a fun-filled "Field Day" to celebrate the completion of another school year and parents were invited to attend. Well, Alex and I already had plans to attend "A Day of the Arts" at Jacob's school, where they have a silent auction at the students' "art gallery" and they were to perform "The Wizard of Oz." Assuming that Josiah would be distracted by relay races and obstacle courses, I really didn't think he would mind if Alex and I were absent from his festivities. I was wrong. On Thursday evening, when I informed Josiah that his dad and I would be going to Jacob's school the next day, he look disappointed...but not for long because he had a "great idea." It went something like this:

(said with much enthusiasm) "Momma, I have a great idea! You and Daddy can
split up tomorrow. One of you can go to my school and one of you can go to
Jacob's school. And since Daddy has already been to my school this week, I
think he should go to Jacob's school and you should go to my school. And then
Daddy can tell you what happened at Jacob's school and you can tell him what
happened at my school."

How in the world can you argue with that logic. And the clincher was when he informed me that he would feel left out if eveyone else's parents were there and his weren't. Well, needless to say I attended "Field Day" with Josiah and it was alot of fun. Although I was a little disappointed that I missed Jacob's play (I was really looking foward to watching 40 autistic kids perfom "The Wizard of Oz" :)), I know I made the right decision. I would never want to let one of my children down. The sacrifices we make as parents... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This reminded me or my middle grandson's logic with his other grandmother...

He wanted ice cream from McDonald's and asked Grandma Lewis for some. She said she couldn't afford it.... he looked in the car and told her... you could afford all this other McDonald's how come you can't get ice cream?

Yep... he got McDonald's ice cream. Hard to argue with simple logic!

Linda