Friday, May 30, 2008

Monkey See, Monkey Do

I have so enjoyed watching the way Micah tries so intently to do eveything Josiah does. I've often wondered how well they would truly enjoy each other, given that there is a 4 year age difference. Fortunately, they play so well together and Micah's "type" of play is EXACTLY like Josiah's. I know they are brothers after all, but so much of the similarities I am referring to, I believe, are a product Micah's observing his big brother. It is really fun to watch. And although there are some behaviors I don't want Micah imitating, he has such a good role model in Josiah. The other night we were eating fried chicken and Josiah was chowing down on a chicken leg. We mostly eat boneless chicken, so he hasn't had much practice eating chicken off the bone. He bit down firmly on the bone and then proceeded to complain about needing some floss because he had a piece of bone between his teeth. Within a minute, Micah, too was complaining of an boo boo in HIS mouth. :)

This is off the subject, but Josiah just came into my room with a huge grin on his face because he completely, independently tied his own shoe. I bought him some NON-velcro shoes today so he had no choice. We've kinda been struggling with this process, but he finally did it. Yeah, Josiah.

1 comment:

mandy said...

i'm an adult and thinking about going back to velcro shoes! it would make life oh-so-easy sometimes.
:)
but maybe i just don't wanna grow up!