Monday, March 17, 2008

Music To My Ears

Jacob said "bath" the other day for the first time!!!!! (and yesterday as well) Well, actually it was more of a "ba, ba, ba." But, it was an obvious attempt to communicate IN WORDS to us that he wanted a bath, as he was stripping his clothes off. Even though he has done this sort of thing in the past with words like "mama" and "bye bye," only to not ever say those words again, or having months go by before you hear it again, I still get extremely proud of by baby when a word or a word approximation comes out of his mouth. He really is trying. We just need to pray for a true breakthrough. Will you join me?

6 comments:

Cosmic Dominion said...

This is wonderful news. I'll keep praying.

Amy said...

Awesome!!
Praying for him daily.

Anonymous said...

You KNOW I will!

Anonymous said...

That last anonymous is me...

Linda

Anonymous said...

I can surely share in your joy! When our Caleb started kindergarten this year (in an autism program class) he had almost no words. We have now seen or rather 'heard' numbers 1-20, ABC's, The Days of the Week, help with repeating nursery rhymes, spelling his name and now trying to write that name. I have actually heard my daughter say to him, Son, please be quiet, I'm on the phone! I took him to school one morning this week, and had a cd on, he picked up on one line from a song....'I Like It'.. and I heard it half way to Albuquerque..got to school, found his Mom and I said K, do you like it? He laughed and said in a sing/song voice 'I LIKE IT'. Everyone in the room laughed! Sheep is another favorite and donut and the always present BACON. Will be praying for Jacob as we do for K. It is an unheard of joy and unmeasurable blessing when these breakthroughs come!
Jonah & Abby's Memaw

JoAnna said...

You got it honey! I'm so far away, and am so horrible at keeping in touch... but pray, I can and shall! That is VERY exciting! :)