Monday, March 31, 2008

I Want My Mommy

My mother and my mother-in-law are both very wonderful people. I have alot of fun with both of them and I truly love their company. I think they know that. But, the reason I want (need) them in my life right now, and by "in my life" I mean living within a 10 mile proximity, has nothing to do with my enjoyment of them as people (no offense), but it has to do with their love for their grandchildren. Ok, maybe its their love for me. Why am I beating around the bush here? I NEED BABYSITTERS! One of the biggest stresses in my life is finding someone to watch my children. I despise the whole process with a passion. While its hard to find someone with whom I feel comfortable watching Jacob, who has autism, my biggest need right now is finding someone to watch my youngest, who is 2, so my husband and I can both work during the day. And I know everyone is well aware that its actually not financially worth it most of the time to hire someone or put your child in daycare. Alex and I so desire to have grandparents near by. For those of you who live close to your parents or in-laws, please don't take it for granted...appreciate it! I know that "life is always greener on the other side," but I know for certain that having grandparents in our life would make it so much easier. That and winning the lottery. Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness doesn't know what in the world he/she is talking about. :)

6 comments:

Cosmic Dominion said...

I'm coming to help!!!!!!

Carrie said...

I hear ya! We have a hard time getting Chinese to help with our kids. With the one child policy, the idea of 4 kids makes smoke come from their ears.

Amy said...

I'm sorry you don't live close to family...and totally understand what you mean. It's REALLY hard finding someone 'qualified' to care for Flynn (hence my requirement to stay home as long as I have) & usually family is all that cares for her - so I don't know what I'd do if we had to move.
I just got an out-of-state job offer - pretty attractive offer - but we just can't bring ourselves to move away from family!
What about your church?...anyone there?

Aunt Nettie said...

Jenn - wish I could be there to help. The last time I saw you guys
Jacob and I bonded. He sat in Granny's clothes basket while I pulled him around. Am now bonding with my granddaughter (3 days and nights per week) since Chris is back in school and Steph works 3 -
12 hr shifts at the hospital. Would have trouble finding a nightshift baby sitter and really, the idea is sickening. Will be glad to spend some quality time with the new grandson, also. YEP, we grandmothers are suckers and I am so glad God made us that way.

Brenda said...

None of my 6 precious and beautiful grandchildren live within in a 10 minute drive (none less than an hour and half). I don't think God ever meant it to be that way. I long for the "old days" when family stayed close to each other and helped with the raising of the children. You know I'm still praying for you to move close to home.

JoAnna said...

Hehehe... I'll join Brenda in praying you move home too!! :) Four hours away from me is a whole lot better than all the stinkin way up there!

Still, I do live close to my parents... but I still have a hard time with babysitting. They are so busy that it's hard to squeeze in sometimes. Right now, I'm stressing out about scheduling a doc appt for each kid plus myself. All three will require watching whoever is behind. Ugh.