Friday, February 29, 2008

Hopefully This is Only the Beginning

Well, I have been back on Weight Watchers, along with my husband, for a little over 5 weeks now. I had lost 22 lbs on the program a couple of years ago, but boy did the pounds creep back on, and they found some others to join them along the way! My husband and I don't go to the Weight Watcher meetings...we're just doing it on our own. The first two weeks were very successful. I really stuck to my points, kept record of everything I ate, and I lost 7 pounds...and then the dreaded Super Bowl entered the picture. I didn't think much of it at the time. I had saved up my flex points, feeling I was being very responsible, and allowed myself to "cheat" that evening, which is not really cheating because Weight Watchers allows you to do that sort of thing. I had barbequed ribs, jalepeno poppers, and chocalate chip cookies. Doesn't sound that bad, does it? But I have had the hardest time ever since. I'm telling you...its an addiction! I got a little piece of the "good ole life" and I haven't completely given that up.

Now, I have lost 3 more pounds since then, giving me a grand total of 10 pounds lost, but I'm struggling. I would like to make myself accountable to those of you who read my blog. I sorta kinda have a small pride issue, :) and I don't like others to know when I have failed. So, every Monday I am going to post my pounds lost. Now don't even think I'm going to tell you how much I weigh...WAY to prideful for that, especially with those of you who know me from my high school/college days. I don't want to be THAT accountable. :) But I will tell you that my goal is to loose 72 pounds. I know...its a whole lot!

I honestly think I have what it takes to be on The Biggest Loser. I thrive off of competition, I absolutely love to work out (especially when I would have a personal trainer), and doing it all in front of millions of people would SO motivate me to succeed. But, I also have what it doesn't take to be on that show...three kiddos and a husband that I couldn't be away from for that length of time. So, I thought the next best thing would be to put myself out there to the blogging world and be accountable to you. So, what do you say. You with me?

4 comments:

Amy said...

I want to be on biggest loser too...I just don't think we weigh enough (hey, it's nice to be able to say that about something, isn't it?!
Maybe if they do a "Friends in Bible College who Lost Touch, but then Found Each Other on Myspace & Reconnected but Live Really Far Away from Each Other Who Have Gained Baby Weight but Aren't Morbidly Obese" competition, we'd be shoe-ins!
I think what you've lost is great!! Keep it up!!!
And PS No more jalepeno poppers.

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Jenn!

a boy a girl and a pug said...

Good for you. I'm not officially on weight watchers but I do love their new cream cheese packets and string cheese for 1 point at the grocery store. Delicious!

Kit said...

Jenn, this is great! You can do it, my friend!