Monday, February 25, 2008

The Day After

In talking with my mom and my mother-in-law yesterday, I came to realize that we were all in agreement that a birthDAY should actually be a birthMONTH, or at the least a birthWEEK. One day is such a short amount of time and being celebrated, made to feel special, and my favorite perk of Daddy doing the dishes, putting the kids to bed, running a nice bubble bath, etc. goes by in the blink of an eye.

My son, Josiah, would definitely be in support of the month-long birthday celebration. He was extremely disappointed yesterday when he found out that I was not having a big party with lots of people, presents, party hats, and goody bags. To him a birthday, whether its his or not, is a reason to partay!!! He told me yesterday that he thinks everyone, not just the birthday boy or girl, should have fun on birthdays...so he suggested we go to Chuck E. Cheese. :)

I hated to disappoint, but we went to Outback Steakhouse, where we go twice a year - my birthday and Mother's Day. I enjoyed my 9oz. Outback Special, my garlic mashed potatoes, my ceasar salad, and that wonderful bread they serve. Sure wish I could eat like that all month long.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

PS I love me some garlic taters from Outback!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!

I don't know if I could handle celebrating a birthday for a whole month...mine or not. I would be worn out! But, it would be fun to try. :-)