Thursday, February 28, 2008

Back To Work

....at least part time. After looking for about a month, sending out a handful of resumes, and landing 4 interviews, I finally got that call today I have been eagerly anticipating...a voice on the other end saying, "I would like to offer you the job." After being home full-time for a year, I am now going back to work part-time. It will be a very productive 25 hours a week. Alex and I are in much need of some extra income, I desperately need some normal adult interaction, working does wonders for my self-esteem, and I truly feel that I am a more organized Mom when I am not home all day everyday. So, I guess you can say this is a good change for us.

Alex has been working two full-time jobs for a while now (one of which is seasonal - from April to December). We are not quite sure what his schedule will look like now, but he will definitely be able to spend more time with the kiddos. Josiah has been asking me lately when I'm going to "get work" again because he's tired of it just being the four of us without Daddy. I hope this change can begin to balance our lives out a little. And Alex is a miracle worker when it comes to potty training, so I expect that Micah will be completely trained within the next couple of weeks (he potty trained Josiah in a week and a half on vacation one year after I had to return home early for work). Thats completely hunky dory with me!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats on landing something... where is it? What will you be doing?
Send some employment luck this way. Finding a teaching job isn't easy in this area, lots of "cheap" teachers available, who'd want to hire an "expensive" one w/ a masters degree & years of experience?!
Hoping the transition back to working mom is a peaceful one for you & [all the] boys.

Jenn said...

I will be working as a front office co-ordinator in a dental office. I had been doing more back office work, but I think this will be a nice change for a while.

I will be praying for the perfect opportunity for you. Keep me updated.

Kit said...

Jenn!!! Thanks for your comment on my brand-new blog...and I'm so glad to discover yours. It looks great!!!
Glad to hear about your job and your family! Maybe we can see you the next time we're up your way!