Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Roller Coaster

Josiah woke up Saturday morning moaning, not wanting to get out of bed. He said he didn't get any sleep because I wouldn't let him have ice cream at 8:00 the night before, so he was hungry all night long. And because he couldn't sleep he was thinking about the Little League Parade and Opening Ceremonies that were to be held on Saturday morning, something he was not looking foward to.

Josiah, an hour before the festivities: "I don't want to play t-ball. I don't know how to play and I won't be any good. And I KNOW I will NOT HAVE FUN!"

Josiah, this evening before bedtime: "I wish tomorrow was next Saturday already, so I can PLAY T-BALL!!!!!"

I wonder where he gets that emotional up and down tendency. :)

2 comments:

Brenda said...

hmmmmmm----I wonder!?!?

Anonymous said...

Not to mention that kids think that way naturally... that whole "I can't do this so I refuse to have fun learning!" thing. It's the same way with foods... "I don't like ____ fill in the blank" but they have NEVER EVEN TASTED IT BEFORE!!! So, how do they KNOW they won't like it (and funny... I know adults like that...most likely where the kids learned it in the first place...lol).

Linda