Friday, April 11, 2008

One Out of Four Ain't Bad

Today when Jacob got home from school there was a little plastic bag in his backpack with a tiny little treasure chest in it. As many of you could probably guess, it contained a tiny baby tooth that Jacob had lost at school today. Now, its not the first tooth for him to lose. Its his fourth, but its the first that I have actually seen outside of his mouth. Where the first three have gone...I have no idea. Imagine going to brush your son or daughter's teeth at night, realizing that something is missing and he/she didn't come and tell you about it, he/she may not have even noticed, and he/she has no interest or understanding of a tooth fairy. Jacob may have no interest, but I am so glad to finally have a tooth. And Josiah is excited to finally have something to put under Jacob's pillow tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can completely imagine Josiah being so excited over the tooth for Jacob. So glad you have a keepsake tooth for Jacob...

:-)

Amy said...

I always wondered about swallowing teeth, wonder what happens with them, hmm....

Brenda said...

It's funny what kind of things can move one to tears. Your dad seems to cry at the drop of a hat these days.
Not me...but I read this and cried.