Thursday, April 10, 2008

Is It Actually Happening To Me?

As I was putting my makeup on this morning, I made an awful and actually very surprising discovery....my jawline is no longer defined! I mean, I know I am not at my ideal weight, but I had no idea that my face and my neck had developed such a close relationship. And a few months ago I began to notice the wrinkles around my eyes, and (sorry, Mom) my hands were beginning to look like my mother's. Does this sort of thing really start at age 34? I had no idea. I don't think I have ever really thought about getting old. And now that the signs are around me, its not that pleasant of a thought. But, I then look at my mom and dad, who are in their late 50's, and they are in great shape, better than me, and are very active and "young." So, hopfully genetics will play a part in my aging process.

When I noticed the not-so-perfect condition of my eyes, Christmas was right around the corner. I told my mom I wanted a really good skin care treatment, anything that would help start reversing the aging of my skin. I have a great life, but it is a stressful one. So, I expect my face shows and will continue to show my struggles. I've been using the product my mom got for me and I love it. Thanks, Mom.

I guess, to be fair, I must mention that my co-worker and I were talking the other day about having babies and I mentioned that I had my first at age 26. And knowing that I have 3 children, she asked, with a confused look on her face, "How old ARE you?" I told her 34 and she, being in her mid-20's, told me she thought I was her age. I really needed that!!

So, maybe there is hope for me. If I continue to lose weight and keep using my skin care products....who knows. Maybe I'll be mistaken for 21 next time. Ok, back to reality.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

So what kind of skin care stuff is this?! I'm feelin' ya friend!

Brenda said...

I loved the comment about me being young, but the one about the hands just reminds me that my hands are looking more like MY mom's.
By the way, give Metrin some good publicity. It's great.Love you, Mom

JoAnna said...

I second the "what kind of skin care stuff is this?!" And... I have found that when my weight is down (closer to where I want it to be) my wrinkles REALLY show. In fact, when I started gaining weight back (ya.. gotta love the yo-yo) one of my friends kept proclaiming how much BETTER I look chubby - sighting the fact that my face fills in and I don't look so old!! Now, is that a good friend or a not-so-good one? ;)