Thursday, April 24, 2008

I Am So Fickle

When I started this blog, my intent was for my posts to give an accurate picture of my life as a whole - not to just relay happy thoughts, but real thoughts. Well, after I published my last post about how much I enjoy my family, the tides quickly turned. That evening this thought crossed my mind, "If I hear the word 'momma' one more time (especially in that whiny tone) I am going to lose my ever-lovin mind." I feel so guilty at times because I eagerly anticipate 8:00pm. The last thing I want to be known as is a selfish mom. I sure hope I don't come across that way to my kids.

And just to drive this point even further, I just had to get up from the computer to change my 7 year old's poopy underwear - something I absolutey do NOT enjoy. For those of you who have never done that, its disgusting - far different from 1 year old poop.

And if I ever saw my husband, I'm sure he would have done something to irritate me over the last few days. I don't say all this because I hate my life...just being real.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

There's a Rita Springer song that we listen to almost every morning. It says "You hold onto all my pain, you pull me into you. It's gonna be worth it. All my pain, all my joy, it's gonna be worth it. The sight of your face is all that I'm needing." It goes on, but it's a great encouragement to our souls. Do you have iTunes?

Brenda said...

Some day the whiney "momma" and the poopy underwear will be no more. Then you will look back on these days with sweet thoughts---except maybe the poopy part.

Amy said...

Just keepin' it real sister. We all have those moments...lots of them.

And I look forward to bedtime too. there's nothing wrong w/ that.

Anonymous said...

piqwdgfmnhWhy would you feel guilty for being "real"? And I don't view that as selfish at all. You NEED to have a time that is for YOU! That is so you can replenish YOU so that you can BE mommy again... so go ahead and look forward to 8o'clock! We all need a break from the "stuff" we have going on around us! I hope you do take care of yourself... so that you are able to take care of those you love even in the midst of all that you don't "like" about every moment!

Don't be so hard on yourself... and it's okay to admit you are not the "perfect" mom... but that doesn't change that you are a GREAT mom!

Linda