Friday, August 8, 2008

A Precious Omission

As I was reading through some of my old posts, I came to the disturbing conclusion that I don't share many things at all about Micah. What's up with that? Well, it became quite obvious to me as I reflected on the reason for this omission. Micah is at that age (will be 3 in Oct) where he cracks me up on a daily basis, but the things I am referring to cannot be communicated in writing and would not compare in the slightest to actually seeing these things with your own eyes. ...like the way he counts to 13 but always omits 1 and 2, the way he tells a knock-knock joke, the way he uses phrases that I use (both good and not-so-good), the way he hides food in his mouth and pretends that he has swollowed, the way he gets angry, the way he "reads" a book, the way he imitates Kung-Fu-Panda, and just the vocabulary he uses that seems so advanced for a two-year old. All these things brings a smile to my face and I know it would yours too if you could see him. Printed words can do no justice to the joy that beautiful child brings to my life.

No comments: