Thursday, August 14, 2008

And the next Biggest Loser is....

...me, at least I hope to be 12 weeks from now. No, I will not be going on national television and standing on an economy sized scale in spandex and a sports bra, but having my weight posted in the break room at work is bad enough. We are doing a "Biggest Loser" contest at work and I am really excited because I know I can do this. I have always thrived off of competition, but its more than that. Most of us (there are 5 of us involved) will be doing Weight Watchers so just being there for each other and encouraging one another will be extremely motivating. My goal is to lose 26 lbs in 12 weeks (although I think I can do better than that). And although everyone else at my office will have reached their final weight loss goals at that point, it will be a wonderful jump start for me on my way to losing 61 total pounds. So, you think I can do it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I DEFINITELY think you can do it! I'm rooting for you. :-)

Anonymous said...

YES!!
I know you can do it. Lots of luck.
Love you,
Ellyn

Alison said...

I know you can do it. I started Weight Watchers about 15 weeks ago...I have lost 21 pounds (31 since the beginning of the year). And that is with slacking on the working out the past 2 weeks. I'm motivated to lose 60 more pounds before my 30th birthday (July 7th, 2009). Make sure to check in on my and see how things are going. I need to loose 30 pounds more by Christmas to make my goal.