Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Transformation

I'm feeling really good about the last couple of weeks. My outlook about losing weight is quite different this time around. It doesn't feel like such a chore and cutting back on the poor food choices hasn't saddened me like it has in the past. I went an entire week without a McDonalds sweet tea without thinking much of it and my "after the kids go to bed treat" hasn't been missed. I'm not sure what has made the difference, but I like the feeling because it gives me confidence to achieve my goal. Don't get me wrong, I still need to remind myself to be patient. Its only been 2 weeks and I already want that bikini bod. It'll be a while before I reach that milestone.

Its funny how when you improve your life in one area, it causes you to want to improve all around. I shaved my underarms two times this week (as opposed to one) and I flossed my teeth everyday instead of my usual 3-4 times a week. I'm even handling my money better, which gives me such a peace of mind. Extra weight really "weighs" you down in many areas of life. I'm only 4.5 lbs lighter than I was 2 weeks ago (btw, I lost 1.5 lbs this week, today was weigh-in), but my way of thinking has been completely transformed and I hope it stays that way.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

That is so great! Congrats! I can totally concur. When you start losing weight, it just feels like you have a better grasp for all of life. It's nice to not be pregnant and finally able to loose the weight once and for all!!!