Wednesday, August 26, 2015

...Because I Want Them to Know

This is going to be one of those boasting posts about how wonderful my kids are. So, if that is not the kind of thing that floats your boat,  you can stop by another time. :) I am so proud of them, not because i think they are perfect, not because of what they have accomplished, but because of who they are. They each engage in certain behaviors that drive me crazy, they can be disrespectful, irresponsible,  they fight with each other like cats and dogs, but imperfections exist in us all and can be used to bring about growth. Well,  you're probably  thinking, "this doesn't sound much like boasting." Well,  that's about to change...

Jacob is my oldest,  just recently turning 15 years old. He is my over comer! There are so many numerous qualities that precious soul exhibits but right now I want to focus on his determination. Being born with a cleft palate, having seizures, and being diagnosed with autism couldn't change who God wanted him to be and it certainly didn't slow him down. Everyday of his life, challenges exist. Everyday of his life, he struggles to communicate. Everyday of his life, his basic needs are met by others. But his enthusiasm, his strength, and his lack of intimidation have caused him to exceed my expectations in so many ways. When that kid sets his mind on something, watch out! He encourages me to do the same!

Josiah, my middle child, who actually fulfills the role of the oldest in many ways, will be 14 in a couple of weeks. I could go on and on about his talents and accomplishments for there are so many, but I want to focus on his confidence. He never gets nervous, he will try just about anything, and he dreams big. I really admire him for being himself and not worrying too much about what others think. He takes pride in his individuality and wants to use the gifts God has given him. He encourages me to do the same!

Now, my baby...Micah, age 9.  My little ray of sunshine doesn't have a lazy bone in his body. I can rarely get him to sit still with me to watch a tv show or movie. He would rather be outside playing football, basketball, baseball,  playing a game with his family, or interacting with his  friends. He wants to help out in anyway he can and is extraordinarily capable at such a young age. He will most certainly succeed in life because he "does" and he "goes" and he works hard.  He encourages me to do the same!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep the blogs coming! I enjoy reading them! You are such a good writer!
You do have awesome boys! Wish we could be around them!

Unknown said...

That previous comment was from me (Jaime). I don't know why Brian's name is on the account instead of mine. Trying to change it!

Jenn said...

ha! i kind of figured so. :)

Brenda said...

There is eternal value in what you just wrote, a beautiful tribute to the greatness of your children. You encourage me to do the same!

Anonymous said...

Great insight on each of your kids. They are very unique and very special. And smart...! A testimony to you as parents celebrating who they are and not demanding they be someone else. Awesome!

Erin