Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Watch Your Mouth

We were all five sitting at the table having dinner the other night when something, I can't remember what, caused the word "crap" to come out of Alex's mouth. Micah looked at him with a confused look on his face and said, "crap, Daddy?" Alex apologized to the kids for using the word and then got softly scolded by Josiah who said, "Daddy, you really need to watch what you say in front of the little one" (referring to Micah). After all, Josiah DID start 1st grade today.

Alex's little blunder isn't quite as bad as the word that flies out of my mouth sometimes. After hearing Micah (who is only 2) searching all over his room the other day for his "freakin pillow," I have decided to put forth much more effort in taming my tongue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes. I've had those moments. It's not fun hearing my words coming out of the mouth of my child. But it is funny to read on your blog! :-)

Amy said...

I've got one on both of you. A couple of years ago, toward the end of one of Gabe's crying spells (in the car), 2 yr old Flynn looks over at him & screams, "Feakin' Cap Bubby! Feakin' Cap!"

So apparently, I like both yours & Alex's 'curse' words!