Friday, September 19, 2008

Need a Little Encouragement

Ok, so far I have lost 8.5 lbs 5 weeks into my journey towards that bikini bod. Pretty good, I guess. I'm in the lead (among the women) at work, so I'm on the right track. But Wednesday night I baked a batch of cookies and they were all gone by noon the next day. OUCH! ...talk about feeling like crap. I felt as if I gained all my weight back in one day even though I know that's not possible. I woke up this morning having to make a decision whether or not to throw in the towel just for the weekend, but that would have been dangerous because it probably wouldn't have ended at the weekend. Once I "cheat" like that its almost as if I immediately feel like I've failed. But, I'm proud to say that I made the right decision and started fresh this morning, getting back on track, but I could still use a "you can do it" or "I'm supporting you" or "you're doing a great job." Sound a little needy? Oh, well. I just really want to succeed this time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it, Jenn!

Actually, I was going to mention on Wednesday (and I'm not making this up because of this post, but I was in such a rush with the kiddos)...I could tell you have lost some weight.

Good job. Keep it up!

Amy said...

Good job. Much better than me. I've done zip to lose weight.
But plan on starting.
Really.

Anonymous said...

I deal with that "failure" message a lot. I finally made a sign that I keep on the wall where I can see it...

"His mercies are new every morning"

And that is my message to you... each day is a new day...yesterday with all its good and bad is gone. So, when you wake up each morning ... don't look back but forward...make your decision for that day....

You have lost almost 9 pounds. Keep going. No one said this would be easy... so don't be so hard on yourself and remember that today is a new day...and go from here...

Linda

Carrie said...

You can do it!! I've finally lost my baby weight, and I feel so great. I'm a better mom, wife, friend, etc because I have so much more energy.

You are doing really well, keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the great work! You can do it!! Tracy (Baldwin) Horak

Alison said...

Keep up the good work! 8.5 pounds in 5 weeks is AWESOME!