Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy Birthday, Josiah! (5 days late)

I have the following picture as my wallpaper on my computer screen, mainly because I think its so stinkin cute. But after seeing this picture day after day, I began to notice something about it.


Its my three beautiful red-headed boys, two of whom still need alot of assistance and direction in day to day life. I noticed that Josiah, in the middle, is walking confidently with shoulders held high, holding each of his brothers by the hand. He is grasping Micah's hand, or wrist, firmly, as if he knows that is what Micah needs to keep him from running into the parking lot. He is holding Jacob's hand gently and tenderly showing compassion for his brother who needs his help even though he is older. Maybe I am over analyzing this photo, but I really feel like it gives such a clear "picture" of who Josiah is. He is a loving, compassionate, loyal, and proctective brother who wants to teach them everything he knows. I love you, Josiah, for just being who you are. Your brothers are so lucky to have you in their life. Happy 7th birthday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a absolutely awesome pic! And I think you are so right...that middle son is an absolutely special young man!

Linda

Carrie said...

What a great picture! I can't believe that is Micah walking alongside them. Happy Birthday, Josiah! We miss you and hope you had a great birthday. Eat some cake for us!

Alison said...

Beautiful picture!