Thursday, July 24, 2008

Reality TV

If you could choose one reality show to be a part of, which one would it be? I know, reality shows are stupid and are in no way challenging to our intellect, but I, personally, enjoy a few of them. My answer would be "hands down" Extreme Makeover Home Edition. I would, first, have to actually own a home for the crew to tear down, but that would be dream come true. And anyone who knows us well, knows that this would be the greatest thing that could ever happen to our family. A visit from Supernanny would also be a treat, and if I were famous I would love to go on Dancing With the Stars. I'm much too self-conscience to go on American Idol (not to mention too old), and I would never have been able to make out on national television (before I was married, of course) on the Bachelor.

I do have a premise for a new reality show. Its not an original idea. I heard it on the radio the other day. Its a twist on Wife Swap. Instead of trading wives for two weeks, one family with typically functioning kids would trade those children for an autistic child(ren). I think one day would be enough of an education for people like that Savage guy, the radio personality in NY that went on an autism rant this week, angrily stating that 99% of kid with autism are just brats that have been spoiled by their parents. He is the most ignorant man I have ever come across in my entire life. Did you hear about this?

No comments: