Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Calgon...Take Me Away!!!!!

There are times when I look at my beautiful autistic son, Jacob, and think, "Wow, you are so easy!" It happens to be one of those times...Jacob is sitting quietly on my bed, flipping the pages of a book, making sweet noises, and he is very content. My other two...how can I say this without sounding completely irrational...are driving me nuts! They have not stopped whining, arguing, complaining, fighting, or yelling since I have been home from work. And why do I put up with it? Well, discipling my kids is the last thing I want to do after a long day at work. It takes so much effort. If I were Alex, all I would have to say is, "Micah...in the corner" and off to the corner Micah would go, without one utterance or "Josiah...ROOM!" and off to his room he trotts. But, I am not Alex, I am Jenn, and for some reason that I will not ever fully understand my words don't carry the same amount of punch? Does anyone else have this problem? And as a side thought....any advise on keeping an almost 3 year old in time-out? (or in the corner, as we like to call it)

No comments: