Thursday, July 17, 2008

Just Do It

The longer I procrastincate the harder this will be. After stepping away from my blog for the past couple of weeks, re-entering seems a little overwhelming. Where should I begin, what should I share, do I forget about the past couple of weeks and just pick up from the present? Anyone else stress out over such things? ....not worth it, I know. Just do it, I tell myself.

My mom and dad came out to visit the first of this month, and after getting here several hours after they were due to arrive because of a number of flight delays, we had a wonderful time. Alex's birthday was July 2 and we had steak and lobster here at our house. Thats one thing I never experienced in Arkansas growing up....bringing home live lobster from the local grocery store, throwing them into a huge pot of boiling water, and minutes later enjoying a delicious meal. Even though Alex cooked his own birthday dinner, along with the help of my Mom and Dad, he truly enjoyed it. (the only reason my name was absent from the list of cooks was because I was at work during the preparation :)).

Two days later was the 4th of July and one other perk of living here (besides the lobster) is being 45 minutes away from the Boston Pops Concert and fireworks show held on the 4th in downtown Boston. We, along with half a million other people flooded the streets of Boston that day. I was a little hesitant about doing this with the kids. We attempted it a few years ago but didn't last till the finale. My kiddos were burnt out before the concert even started, so we came home. But, when I found out that Rascal Flatts were going to be there, I decided it was worth the effort. :) And I'm so glad we did. It was awesome! My parents couldn't imagine being in the Boston area on the 4th of July and not participating in these festivities, so it was also worth it because they wanted to do it so badly.

We also spent time at the beach, the zoo, the mall, the IMAX, and had so much fun playing Scattegories and Boulderdash after the kids went to bed. We sure laughed alot. Just wish the time didn't go by so fast.

I'm sure my mom and dad's favorite part the the trip was spending time with their grandsons. My boys were really sad to see them go. Just today, Micah and I were driving into the grocery store parking lot and he said, "Pa Pa here? Pa Pa here Daddy's birthday." My dad went with Alex and Micah to buy the lobster the day of Alex's birthday. So now Micah will be reminded of Pa Pa every time he goes to Market Basket.

Gotta get the kids in the bathtub, so I will post more at another time.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Glad you're back. 4th in Boston sounds great.