Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Analyzing Friendship

What kind of friendships do you desire?  There are those who cherish few close friends, those who can be trusted with your secrets, those who unconditionally support you through everything, and those who can be counted on to be there for you at the drop of a hat.  Others may feel more comfortable surrounding themselves with countless "buddies" who can be called upon for fun, for conversation, or simple companionship. Then there are the "loners," who consider a quite night at home alone, doing whatever he or she pleases without the distraction of human contact, to be the ideal lifestyle. Can the people in each of these categories live fulfilling lives, can they be completely satisfied with his or her relationships, should each strive to develop relationships described in a different category? Just wanted to get your opinions on this topic. To be continued...

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I noticed you never had any comments on this post, and you pose and interesting question. Personally, I find that an evening at home with no agenda is very relaxing and fulfilling to me. I normally enjoy my own company, but that doesn't mean I don't have friends whom I love and know that I can call on at any time. I often feel that I should have more social interaction with my friends, but I don't feel that is something I need. I accept who I am and also accept the challenge to work on my weaknesses.