Monday, October 20, 2008

Time

Yesterday my baby turned 3 years old. Where has the time gone? We have probably all voiced at one time or another how time goes by faster and faster as we get older. My only answer to the reason why is that time is actually ticking at a faster rate. Ok, I don't really believe that but it sure seems that way.

But why do the wonderful experiences in our lives, such as enjoying our children, seem to fly by, but the tough times seem to linger on. Even though there are many more wonderful experiences than tough times, we (or I guess I should say "I") dwell so much more on the negative and in doing so give it more life. I want my time with my kids to linger on, not my struggles.

Micah is now 3 and he truly is my "little ray of sunshine." I hope to cherish my time with him more and more because before I know it I won't have that beautiful little cheek to kiss goodnight anymore.

Enter: lump in the throat!!!!

I better go before I scare my kids half to death with my blubbering.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MICAH!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I cannot believe he's 3!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BUDDY! We always tell our kids that they are not allowed to grow up. It just goes by too fast.