Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Beans and Rice and Jesus Christ

...but now that I saw gas today for $2.95/gallon we can have tea and juice with our beans and rice instead of water. That's cause to celebrate!

Although money has been tight lately (when it rains Alex doesn't work and it rained alot last month), I have a renewed hope. Alex took over the bills this week. I guess you could say that I got fired from that responsibility, but thats ok. He is much better at budgeting than I am and when he sets his mind on something (which is digging ourselves out of this hole we are in) he sticks to it. It won't be fun, but we are determined to live by a stricter budget from now on. Who am I kidding? We are determined to live by a budget PERIOD from now on. Its actually quite exciting.

1 comment:

JoAnna said...

hey beautiful! zack fired me a few months ago as well... its so nice!! :) yes, things are tight(er), and i HATE that i don't know if i can splurge the extra $6 for cheese without asking, but for me its worth the reduction of stress. :}