Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Desires of My Heart

I'm not quite sure what direction this post will take, but I need some therapy that only a keyboard and my thoughts can provide. I have been thinking lately about the desires of my heart, not outrageous, over-the-top kinda desires, just the kind that could provide true joy and contentment to me and my family. We have by no means been the poster family for stability as we have lived in 3 different states, 7 different cities/towns, and 12 different houses/apartments over the past 15 years. I am ready for this cycle to be over. But, I want to settle in a place that has everything! Not just everything I want, but everything I think me and my family need. So, without further ado, here is my wishlist: (in no particular order of importance)



*a big house with a big fenced in back yard


*exceptional services for individuals with autism


*exceptional schools for all three of my children


*a loving, supportive community of family and friends


*a job for alex where he can use his calling, his abilities, his education, and experience and a job that he LOVES


*a supportive church family who loves and supports Jacob


*four distinct, beautiful seasons


*a decent cost of living


*a job for me that would allow me to be flexible to be present when my children need me


*a church where I can use my love of music/worship in some capacity


*wonderful Christian friends for my kids


*a place where we can all fulfill our potential and use our God-given gifts both individually and as a family



*a new van (that has nothing to do with where we settle, just thought I would throw that one in there - this is a wishlist afterall)



Is there such a place? Even though I sometimes feel like I'm fighting a losing battle, I never put limitations on God. I trust in His sovereignty and His love for me. My earthly parents would provide me with all these things in a heartbeat had they the power or means, and how much more does my heavenly father love me. I struggle to believe this, but I know its true! That sounds contradictory, I know, but thats just the way it is.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Keep believing for those things! I pray things get easier for you guys very soon! God wants the best for you! It's coming! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Jen as I read this its so sad that I really didn't know you when we worked together 12 years ago. I had no idea about you as a person nor did I understand at that time what a child of God is let alone did I even know Jesus. We have gifts in common and that's music and singing as well. I had no idea before I was saved that God gave me a gift of voice and playing guitar but He has. My husband, I and our 2 teenagers go to Calvary Chapel Los Banos and we love it because God has revealed Himself in amazing ways through His beautiful word and in our lives and others. I got saved and so did my husband a while ago and our 14 year old daughter, Victoria as well. Not our son Ronnie yet and this is my constant prayer for salvation for him. Thank you for your posting and I would really love for us to stay in contact with eachother :)- Maureen maureenupp@sbcglobal.net

Unknown said...

Jenn...have you checked this list lately against your current life?
Erin